super easy to make — the site i got the idea from has a million ads and a long-ass story about the blogger’s family eating tacos. so i’m putting it here!
reserve some time for prep!
also, don’t skip the sauce — it’s delicious
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tsp sriracha (or however many drops of tapatio you can handle)
- water as needed to thin out sauce
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and thawed (something like 20-30 medium shrimp)
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ head of cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- optional: radishes, finely sliced
- For the shrimp taco sauce — whisk together mayo, sour cream, and sriracha (or hot sauce) in a bowl. Add some water to thin out the sauce until you get the right consistency. Then place in fridge until showtime.
- To the tacos! First give your tortillas a nice char on both sides, then wrap them all in aluminum foil to keep warm
- Add your shrimp to a bowl and coat with cornstarch
- Heat oil in wok or skillet until smoking and cook shrimp for roughly 2-3 minutes (looking for a pink color all around and some crisp)
- Add salt, pepper, and garlic to the wok and toss it all together until the garlic is fragrant (~1-3 minutes)
- Assemble tacos however you want: tortilla, chopped cabbage, shrimp, cilantro, sauce, squeeze of lime