it’s funny cuz it actually messes with color blind folks… e.g. andy
Archive for September, 2010
a few pics i took with my camera (droid x) during the la galaxy v. red bulls soccer game
interesting location for a stadium — on csu dominguez hills‘ campus (yea i didn’t know it ever existed either). the campus itself is jammed in a residential area, makin’ it a pain to park for the game…
overall, i’d go to the home depot center again (if i didn’t have to drive). we sat right behind the angel city brigade. a ruckus group of fans with elaborate chants… best one was this (sung in the tune of “oh my darling, clementine“):
who’s your father?
who’s your father?
who’s your father, referee?
you don’t have one, you don’t have one
you’re a bastard, referee!
some hip-hop for a friday…
such an epic video… i just hope no one starts referring to this song as “the facebook movie song”
kanye west – power
kanye west – power (remix)
jay-z/jimi hendrix mashup – 99 problems and voodoo child
phoenix put on a pretty bomb show at sdsu’s open air theatre… i swear they had a different lighting setup for each song
neon indian opened for them — a lot of random sounds layered on top of each other… they output a TON of bass in some of their songs… i swear they hit the brown note a few times. anyway, i wasn’t much of a fan…
here are a few vids and pics i took with my phone. i didn’t realize til the last song that the camcorder feature had a CONCERT setting, which prevents microphone distortion and capturing loud music videos.
again, thanks to sam the cooking guy
london broil open-face sandwich
- 1-two pound london broil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 2/3 cup horseradish sauce
- 4 oz arugula leaves (or spring mix lettuce)
- olive oil
- heat grill to high
- season steak with olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper
- cook until medium rare (roughly 5 minutes a side)
when done, DON’T cut into steak immediately (juices will flow out and dry out the meat) — place under foil for about 15-20 minutes
- slice into very thin strips against the grain
- slice baguette lengthwise, drizzle lightly with olive oil and put under broiler until lightly browned (you could also place the bread on the grill for roughly the same effect)
- spread horseradish on bread and add a nice layer of lettuce on top, then top with sliced steak
- drizzle olive oil on top of that
- cut each baguette into nice bite-sized pieces
pics — instead of london broil, i went with tri tip and spring mix salad lettuce (instead of arugula)… and yea, it was bomb